It was a fun filled mid-morning of several left turns and right turns, up hills and down hills through several areas of Austin, Texas, all in the quest to follow directions to each of the remaining Moonlight Towers with fun, historical facts along the way.
Rally Master Ken did a fantastic job at planning the route to take drivers and navigators past some of very historic sites like the Texas State Capitol building, the old Austin Hospital Cemetery grounds, and looping through Zilker Park to end at the Moontower Saloon off of Manchaca Road.
Our winners of the Road Rally are as follows:
- 1st Place: Nena & Bob Richardson
- 2nd Place: Jerry & Dot Centanni
- 3rd Place: Glen & Devon Whipple
- Oldest Driver: Bob Binder
- Oldest Navigator: Ronald Mason
- Youngest Driver: Niki Stevenson
- Youngest Navigator: Ethan Moise
- Newest Car: Steve Estrada
- Oldest Car: Jerry Centanni
- Participants who drove the farthest to attend: Justin & Katie Pierce
A big special thank you to our event staff who helped Rally Master Ken to ensure a fun and safe event. Our event staff for the event were: Joaquin Effinger, Kendall Flippen, Matthew Crotty, Michelle Crotty, John Schexnaydre, Paula Taylor and Betina Foreman. Special thank you to Shawn Wilcox, the manager of the Moontower Saloon for providing our final destination.
This event was co-sponsored by VETMotorsports, an organization that honors and empowers the military community and veterans with injuries through active participation in motorsports.